Dr Justin Carter

Preparing for a UK CAA Cabin Crew Medical

If you or your employer requires an EASA Cabin Crew Medical (rather than a UK CAA cabin crew medical) please follow the steps below. Jet2, BA and most UK airlines require their crews to have a UK medical certificate so if your due to work for such a company, a UK Cabin crew medical certificate will be what you need. I recommend you check what you need with your prospective employer.

  1. Bring your passport.
  2. If this is your first cabin crew medical, bring a completed copy of this form. If you’ve had a cabin crew medical certificate before, complete and bring this form. In either case, don’t sign the form until the medical. For cabin crew only, there is an online booking process where available appointments can be booked. Card payment details are needed to secure the booking, but no payment will be taken except in the case of a late cancellation or 'no-show' when a £50 fee is charged. For cabin crew bookings see this website:
  3. Bring any current or expired medical certificate.
  4. If you have glasses, bring them (even if you wear contact lenses - we’ll check your eyes with and without glasses).
  5. If you have any medical conditions or are on any medication (particularly new diagnoses or treatments) email me beforehand with details. I want to help you prepare for the medical to minimise problems on the day. The CAA produces flow charts for many conditions and these are widely available on the CAA website.
  6. If you would like a chaperone to be present during the medical, either bring someone with you or let me know beforehand if you’d like me to make arrangements for one.
  7. Bring some means of paying (see fees and paying pages)